The Heart of Hospice
Volunteers can be professionals, retirees, students, or anyone with a strong desire to help care for and support our patients. Many volunteers have a personal story, and volunteering for hospice gives them an outlet to express themselves, their feelings, and experiences in a positive manner by giving back to others.
While many find value in offering companionship for patients and allowing caregivers to take a break from their duties, we understand that direct family contact is not for everyone. Our additional volunteer needs are essential in keeping Hospice of Davidson County a safe, caring, communicative place for families to find comfort with roles ranging from fundraising to administrative duties, special event coordinating, and even yard work and arts and crafts.View Volunteer Application
The support our volunteers provide to the patients we serve and their caregivers is immeasurable. Volunteers are needed to:
- Provide companionship to patients who may not have family in the area
- Support caregivers and family members with respite care
- Assist with administrative work such as answering the phone and filing
- Conduct supportive calls to family members
- Support veterans with unique needs at the end of life
- Assist with community outreach and fundraising events on behalf of the agency
"Hospice of Davidson County is an incredible organization. The staff and services provide a place for people to navigate their end of life journey with comfort and dignity, and I am proud to be a member of the team."
Hospice of Davidson County Volunteer