Honoring The Lives of Those Who Served
The Mission of Hospice of Davidson County & We Honor Veterans is to Deliver Stellar Veteran-Centric Care with Every Veteran Encounter.
The sacrifices so many have made can never be measured, but we appreciate and are honored to provide care to anyone in need of end-of-life care. We are grateful to everyone who has served in the Armed Forces, and are proud to have earned Level-4 We Honor Veterans Status in 2021.
- If you are a Veteran with an end-of-life diagnosis, or you are the caregiver of a Veteran in need of Hospice care, please contact us to see how we may be of service to you.
- If you are a Veteran and would like to volunteer to help us with our veteran patients, please click here to learn more. Or, click here to see our brochure.
In partnership with We Honor Veterans, we have assembled a variety of healthcare, financial, and caregiver resources for veterans and their families.Contact Us for More Information
It’s Our Turn to Serve You
Veteran Caregiver Resources
- VeteranCrisisLine.net has information about how you can help stay connected to a Vet.
- CareGiver.org is a great resource for Veterans and their caregiver to access a lot of different information.
Veteran & Family Resources
- VA Family Member Benefits
- VA My Health Vet
- We Honor Veterans PowerPoint Toolkit
- We Honor Veterans Burial Benefits
- We Honor Veterans Healthcare Benefits
- We Honor Veterans Survivor Benefits
Local Phone Numbers & Links
- Department of Veteran Affairs – 800-827-1000
- Salisbury VA Medical Center – 704-638-9000
- Kernersville VA Medical Clinic – 336-515-5000
- Davidson County Veteran Services – 336-242-2037
- No Veteran Should Be Without a Place to Call Home
- Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness—and their family members, friends, and supporters—can make the call to or chat online with the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans, where trained counselors are ready to talk confidentially 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. Click here to learn more, or here to call 877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838)
Requesting Military Service Records
- The National Archives should be your first step in locating the records you need, click here.
- A new DD214 can be ordered by clicking here.
- Access the Standard Form 180 by clicking here.
- Fax expedite request forms to 314-801-0764 with a cover sheet explaining why this request should be pushed to the front.
- Currently only processing an emergency request for the following reasons:
- Death of the veteran who is now awaiting burial.
- The veteran is terminal and is expected to die forthwith.
- The veteran needs the DD214 to finalize and job application.
- The veteran needs the DD214 to close on a real estate contract.
Learn what documentation you need to qualify for veteran services, and find out more about our volunteer outreach initiative.